Newcastle Coal Infrastructure Group (NCIG) is pleased to release its 2020 Sustainability Report.
The report highlights NCIG’s strong performance in the areas of operations, safety, environment, community as well as continuous improvement and innovation.
Structured around our people, customers, environment, community and our suppliers, the report provides a great overview of NCIG’s achievements during the reporting period, including but not limited to:
- 10% electricity usage contracted as green energy
- 54.5 million tonnes of coal loaded through the terminal
- 6,998 trains unloaded and 541 ships loaded
- $41.3 million of direct economic investment in the Hunter Region
- 65% reduction in total recordable injury frequency rate (TRIFR)
- 42% reduction in waste generated on site
- $275,000 in community investment.
Read NCIG’s 2020 Sustainability Report in its entirety below.