Newcastle Coal Infrastructure Group (NCIG) has recently published its 2022 Sustainability Report.
Structured around our people, culture, environment, community, stakeholders and customers the report provides an overview of the challenges faced and the achievements of our team during the 2022 Australian financial year.
The report features our new three-year sustainability targets and our performance and progress towards achieving these. We also share details about our commitment to Net Zero operational emissions (Scopes 1 and 2) by 2030.
NCIG’s FY22 performance highlights include:
- 50.1Mt coal loaded
- 545 ships loaded
- 20 export destinations
- 1,068 days Lost Time Injury free achieved
- 10% certified green energy
- 75% waste recycled
- 71% reduction in potable water use
- 1st in peer sector group in Australia in 2022 GRESB ESG benchmark
- $26.5m local economic spend
- $303,000 invested in community initiatives across 47 community groups
Download NCIG’s 2022 Sustainability Report here.
For more information about how NCIG optimises sustainable operations, see https://ncig.com.au/what-we-do/sustainability/